Michigan’s many business climate changes have resulted in noteworthy improvements, including:
• No. 1 for states that recovered most from the Great Recession.
• No. 4 in the nation for most new corporate expansions or building projects in 2012.
• Third most business-friendly tax ranking among the nation’s 12 largest states.
• Third in the nation for high-tech growth.
• Michigan’s unemployment rate is the lowest it’s been in four years.
• Sixth fastest growing economy in the nation in 2011.
• Credit rating upgraded to AA, the first time it’s been above AA- since January 2011.
• Balanced budget two years in a row.
• Chrysler, Ford and GM all gained market share for the first time in 20 years and had their best U.S. sales since 2007.